In general, you should be able to use a personal loan to pay for medical procedures, and if you have excellent credit, you can likely qualify for a single-digit interest rate. Fertility loans function in almost the same way as a personal loan, with the caveat that they can only be used to pay for your treatment. According to NICE, women aged under 40 should be offered 3 cycles of IVF treatment on the NHS if:
- They’ve been trying to get pregnant through regular unprotected sex for 2 years
- They’ve not been able to get pregnant after 12 cycles of artificial insemination
- If you turn 40 during treatment, the current cycle will be completed, but further cycles shouldn’t
If tests show IVF is the only treatment likely to help you get pregnant, you should be referred straight away.
Loans for IVF:
- In this guide, we’ll cover:
- SoFi – Fixed rates starting at 5.99% APR.
- Earnest – Fixed rates starting at 5.99% APR.
- Lending Club – Fixed rates starting at 6.95% APR.
- LightStream – Fixed rates starting at 4.99% APR (with auto pay)
- Upstart – Starting at 5.69% APR.